Special Correction
  • Andre
    Special Correction

by Andre » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 am

I'm not too much of an accountant and have found these SPECIAL CORRECTION transactions and I can't find where they came from/ what caused them (Can't zoom)
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 am

A special correction transaction is posted when a trial balance doesn't balance. The user runs the integrity check utility to check for problems and if one is found the difference will be posted to the system suspense account.

You should then identify which account is in error and then repost the balance of the system suspense back to its correct account.

We are aware of two situations where this would arise -

When doing a roll-over and a P&L account is incorrectly set to retain its balance.

When closing stock in the last period doesn't match stock on hand.

(Although the second issue should no longer arise in later releases as the CAPITAL GL now checks for this situation and won't let the user roll-over until the postings are fixed.)

The only other possibility I can think of is if a file on a server has actually been damaged in some way. I.e., corrupted or copied over from a different version, etc. I've never seen that actually happen but it's possible in principle to occur.