Discounts
  • Lizzy
    Discounts

by Lizzy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm

I was wondering if you could explain a problem we are facing here when we have a promotion on offer and try to input a discount. At our warehouse we offer regular customers 10% discount on their total order.
    This usually works fine when we use the ‘Discount’ tab ‘Global Transaction Discount’ (please see attached example with correct discount)
    Although when we have a promotion as we have a winter promotion now (every $80.00 our customers spend they get a free meal) therefore in this case we enter the code ‘WINTER14’ for the promo and include the two free meals but then when we do the discount it works it out incorrectly?
    Is there a way we can fix this so the global discount is correct not matter what codes or free meals we enter?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:07 pm

I don't really have enough information to be able to answer this question. But I suspect if the global discount is working off the list or retail price in stock control, and your WINTER14 item has no list or retail price, the calculation can't be performed correctly.

Maybe discount first, then add the WINTER14 code afterwards. Or a more efficient way to do what you're doing would be to create a new customer account, perhaps call it CASH10. Set the account up identically to CASH, but on the Settings tab set the Discount Formula to: X-10% where "X" is your price to discount. (This would typically be the price field A-H depending on how the software was originally set-up.)

That way every time you invoice CASH10 sales, the 10% discount is calculated automatically. No need to spend time running the global transaction discount utility.