Change from Carton Qty to Unit Qty
  • JeffG
    Change from Carton Qty to Unit Qty

by JeffG » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 pm

I have a regular requirement to decrease a carton quantity of a product and increase the unit quantity of the same product. Cartons and Units are two separate product codes but are the same physical product.

Until recently it has only be me as the owner doing a direct stock adjustment, but now that I have staff doing it, I want a bit more traceable control over the process.

Another way I have been doing it is via the stocktake count sheets, but that is not really efficient.

Has anybody got an idea of a better way of handling this?

thanks
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:44 am

Is there any reason why you couldn't have only one physical product and then link any size variations (i.e., carton) to a kit? The kit becomes the carton item and it subtracts multiples of the physical item when invoiced or ordered?

Another way to do this would be to bill in multiple units of measure. (Use box dimension table.)

But if you really needed to track them as separate quantities of each, then you could adjust stock more formally using Assembly Manager, but you would require Enterprise Edition or better to acquire that feature.