Invoices have Blank Lines
  • JeffG
    Invoices have Blank Lines

by JeffG » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi, I have used the suggested syntax in a previous thread in this forum to print Long Descriptions on invoices and Sales Orders. All Good. However, where the long description would previously create a word wrap at character 40, I don't get the word wrap, but I do get a blank line in its place.

I have tried adjusting field lengths and display lengths, but just cant seem to get rid of these pesty blank lines.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update:
    This is the information provided in the forum in a previous post:

The field Stock->Title will only display the first 40 characters of a stock item's product description. If your product descriptions are typically longer than that, then in Visual Builder do the following:

1. Double-click on the product description field object.
    2. Next to "Name" replace Stock->Title with StockTitleLong
    3. Next to Display Length, enter the maximum line description you want to display, e.g., 80 or 100.
    3. Click on the Formula tab.
    4. Inside the editor window type:

Return StockDescription()

5. Press OK to save your changes.

Note that the function StockDescription() is new to CAPITAL 7.4 or above. Also, product descriptions can be of unlimited length, however you always have a limited amount of space in which to display such information on your forms. So some compromise for space reasons may still be required.

Now this works fine to create long descriptions on a single line. However, before doing this, the description would word wrap at character 40 as designed, now the word wrap (text) does NOT occur, but I do get a blank line instead.

I would like to eliminate the blank lines.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JeffG on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 am

Your description of your issue is too general to allow comment. Can you provide more specific information on what you're trying to do?