Printing Report Bodies
  • coldrick
    Printing Report Bodies

by coldrick » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm trying to get a report of all of our kit items. The report that comes with Capital isn't suitable for our needs.

I created a report with Body 1 Main Table being KITS and sort on KITCODE.

I created a link STOCK->NUMBER to KITCODE so that we can get the stock name and title for the kit.

To get the details of the components for the kit I created another body (body2) and linked it to body1. Maintable is KITS and links are STOCK->NUMBER to KITSECTION so that we can get the stock name and title for the components of the kit.

When I view the report, only body1 shows up. How do I get body2 to show up underneath body1?

Or is this the wrong way altogether?

Rgds
    Barry
    Barry Coldrick
    ----------------------------------------------
    [Never say "never"!]
    [I can't do "can't do"]
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm

You cannot embed report bodies inside report bodies. You should not need to do that, either. The general principle is that your 'main' body is normally the table with the most records to display. In this case, this would be the KITS table. You would then link other tables to this body, such as kit header info and stock.

Use multiple report bodies only when you want to combine information from completely different tables on the same report, or you want to mix reporting styles, i.e., have a form that includes one or more report sections in it.