Printing Images on Quotes
  • Craig H
    Printing Images on Quotes

by Craig H » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:49 pm

We have started to use pictures stored against stock codes in the image folder. Next step is to include the images in our sales proposals. I have been doing some work on this and have hit a wall you might be able to help me over?

I can see by editing the properties of the product code field in body1 the product code can be recalled as an image or object. I make/tick this change and in design view I can see where the image would be displayed in the body before my description field. If I preview a sample quote that we have an imaged stored against, the image doesn’t appear, just a blank space where it should be? I am guessing there must be some code or other change to enable the display and print of the image, can you advise ASAP please?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Inside the Visual Builder Editor, click on any object with red line below it.

Press right-mouse button and select Properties. Set the "Row Height".

Change the row height to a number that will adequately accommodate your image. And save changes.

Now double-click on the image. Press Formula tab. Enter:

Return "e:\images\" + Alltrim(Stock->Name) + ".JPG"

Or change it to:

If IsFile("e:\images\" + Alltrim(Stock->Name) + ".JPG")
    Return "e:\images\" + Alltrim(Stock->Name) + ".JPG"
    Endif

Return ""

If you don't have an image for each product in your system.

Change ".JPG" to ".BMP" if you have BMP's instead of JPG images.

The above will only work if each computer on your network has a E:\ drive with an images folder in it.