Form prints in landscape instead of portrait
  • Tom Boyd
    Form prints in landscape instead of portrait

by Tom Boyd » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 pm

Prior to using Capital I used MS Word to print a document and had selected Landscape in Word. I then did an invoice in Capital and on printing it I selected to print 2 copies on printing I got a message saying that there was a form margin problem and it commenced printing in landscape even although the invoice form is portrait.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:43 pm

This is not an unusual occurrence because some programs aren't written properly and change the default page size rather than alter the page size for the current print request. But for the applications of Microsoft Office, sometimes users get confused and change the page size on the printer driver rather than inside the program (very easy to do by mistake using Word or Excel).

A good way to avoid this issue is to install your printer driver twice, and rename the second copy "CAPITAL Printer". Use the first driver for your Word , Excel and other applications. Leave the "CAPITAL Printer" for Visual Builder's use only. That way users have less chance of changing the printer driver's settings by mistake.