Unique Financial Reference Codes
  • simon@stormforcemarine.co

by simon@stormforcemarine.co » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi will

We are looking to see if it is possible for the system to generate unique, sequantial codes for financial transactions irrespective of bank account. At the moment the system separately maintains codes for each transaction in each bank account. We are wondering if it is possible for the system to use a single increasing no for all cash manager transactions.

The reason is that we are looking to replace our manual numbering system for Payment and Receipt Vouchers and instead use Capital Office generated codes instead

Thanks

Simon
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Each bank account or cashbook runs its own unique sequence typically, and that is by design.

However, if you set all your banks (or cashbooks) to the same sequence, I.e., start them off as CB1000... then the sequence would be shared between cash books.
  • sboyde

by sboyde » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Will

OK, I set all the CashBook sequences to start with PV30000.

If I enter a payment under bank account 1 it gives it the sequence PV30000 (good)

But if I now go to bank account 2 and enter a different transaction, it also gives it the reference PV30000

So it does not operate as the reply said. Each Cash Book has its own sequence and they are not shareable.

Simon
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 pm

Go into each bank account's setting and set it a sequence each with a unique prefix.

1. Open Cash Manager
    2. Select your bank account
    3. Press Edit
    4. Click on Settings tab
    5. Set number sequence next to: Next Transaction No.
    6. Press Save