Pricing
  • Lynn1
    Pricing

by Lynn1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:01 am

I have been looking into the special pricing on customer files.
    Cant figure the difference between special pricing and contract pricing?
    But basically I would like to assign pricing to a customer category on selected products that they have on contract those without contract pricing would revert to our normal pricing rules.
    However when I try using it I can change the category it is greyed out.
    Any suggestions?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:03 am

Think of contract pricing as a simplified version of special pricing. It's easier to use, but also less powerful. Also, contract price rules are always specific to particular customers. Special price rules can also apply across groups of customers.

Generally speaking, contract prices are always applied *before* all other special price arrangements. This makes sense, as contract prices are generally more specific and special price rules, more general.

To answer your question about why category is greyed out, this is because you are opening special pricing from the customer's area. When you do that, the rule defaults to being customer specific hence the customer category does not apply.

If you want to create a price rule that applies to groups of customers, open special pricing from the main menu.

I.e.,

1. Start Business Manager
    2. From the menu select Toolbox|Products|Customer Special Pricing