Price lists over 3 columns
  • Ben
    Price lists over 3 columns

by Ben » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:18 pm

I saw a really good price list that showed product code, description and price, over 3 columns on the page. I've been reading up on the new features in CAPITAL 7.4 and I'm wondering if I can do this using the Catalog Wizard feature? Do I need to upgrade to the Enterprise version and also do I need to purchase the Electronic Document Exchange component? I just want to fax a price list to certain customers with their special pricing included.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:34 pm

While you could use the Catalog Wizard to create a multi-column lay-out, if you are a small business running the small business version of CAPITAL (Professional Edition) I would suggest you run the Price List Report (124), and then press the OfficeLink button to export the price list to Excel. Then select the spreadsheet and paste it into Word. Then select Format|Columns and reformat the document into multiple columns. You'll probably need to adjust fonts, headers and footers along the way. If you are an experienced user of Excel and Word you should be able to do this relatively quickly.

Catalog Wizard is useful for producing highly customised product price lists very quickly and emailing or faxing them in one step. However, you'd have to upgrade to the Enterprise Edition of CAPITAL, add the Electronic Exchange Component, and possibly install a fax server on your network. If there is no need to highly automate this procedure, then the CAPITAL->Excel->Word route should do the job.