Report throwing up error
  • JeffG
    Report throwing up error

by JeffG » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:37 am

Afternoon,

I am trying to run report Customers - 0010 - Backorders by Product
    Report which asks for a product code - I enter MISC, which is a code we use to purchase one off items instead of adding lines to inventory.

I select the date range and location

I get a warning message of DB24: Columns (6), then

SYSTEM
    ------
    Error date 15/04/16 time:11:28:58
    Application C:\CapShell\CAPITAL\bms.Exe
    Started on 15/04/16 time:11:27:30
    File info 08/11/13 09:15:33 14596608 bytes (Attr.A) ver.8.4.979e SP2 - Build: 979e DB: (8.00q)
    OS Professional (Build 9200)
    WAIT.LIB ver.1.e, 12/02/06
    Terminal ver.NUL
    User Jeff

Then I am forced to Quit BMS

I can run the report using other product codes no problem.

I guess the difference with MISC is that we use the INS key to enter the information we need.

However, running the other backorder reports does not throw up any errors and the information with the MISC is reported back to the screen.

Help ???

UPDATE - I ran the backorder by product report again and it worked giving me only the Description as being the information in stock table. Yet the running the Backorder by customer report, gives me the description of the information added when we use the INS key

Why would the coding be different?

Thanks
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:11 am

Nothing to do with what you're guessing. DB24 means there is a problem with the physical structure of the database (missing file). If the file has been generated on the fly it very likely is related to the Windows SMB2 visibility problem. Very hard to say when users post tiny fractions of the error logs and expect us to be able to guess the rest.

Please study this:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 2147217396

by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks for that.

Didn't realise there was more to the error message, I only copy and pasted what came up on the screen. Perhaps that is why users only post snippets, that's we see.

I will follow the link supplied and see if the problem get resolved.

Thanks again.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:23 am

Full error log is written to CAPERR.TXT in the company folder. Exceptions would be catastrophic network connection failures, in which case the CAPERR.TXT file would not be reachable.