pictures in customer screen
  • Anant

by Anant » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:19 am

I would like to attach/tie-in either customer store images, business cards or credit application forms to the customer screen. What is the best way to achieve this. If possible I would like to see a thumbnail on the customer screen and if i click on it, it could enlarge or pop open in an external window eg windows explorer.

Also is there any way of having the customer statistics (dos style) visible on the front page of customer screen without having click on statistics manually every time.

How can I also stop capital to automatically calculate settlement discount when entering payments. I want to do this manually.
    Thanks
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:21 pm

1. There is an example in the help documentation on how to do this. Read the topic: "Screen Builder Script Creation". To launch use this syntax:

If Mode == 11
    If PicNumber == 1
    Shell("explorer", "myform.htm")
    Endif
    Endif

Although you should also specify the path where "myform.htm" is found as part of the command.

2. It can be done but it is a little technical at the moment. These fields will be available as dictionary entries you can choose from in a future release of CAPITAL.

3. Take off the Early Settlement discount percentage and enter the discount as a separate transaction. Otherwise you need to change the Early Settlement value before you enter your transaction.
  • Anant

by Anant » Tue May 09, 2006 11:02 am

Thanks for your reply.
    I have little knowledge about scripts as such PLEASE explain/guide :idea: how to use/setup this :

:arrow: My Initial Question: I would like to attach/tie-in either customer store images, business cards or credit application forms to the customer screen. What is the best way to achieve this. If possible I would like to see a thumbnail on the customer screen and if i click on it, it could enlarge or pop open in an external window eg windows explorer.

:arrow: Tech Support Reply: There is an example in the help documentation on how to do this. Read the topic: "Screen Builder Script Creation". To launch use this syntax:

If Mode == 11
    If PicNumber == 1
    Shell("explorer", "myform.htm")
    Endif
    Endif

Although you should also specify the path where "myform.htm" is found as part of the command.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Wed May 10, 2006 11:37 am

We are sorry but the purpose of this forum is to provide answers to questions about our products. If you do not understand a question or do not have the technical ability to implement the advice offered, we unable to provide free consulting services for you here. Please contact our helpdesk to obtain the name of a consultant who can assist you. Service fees would apply.