Central Billing and Customer Hold
  • JeffG
    Central Billing and Customer Hold

by JeffG » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:59 am

I have this situation.
    1. Central Billing is switched on and the HO account is on hold.
    2. The sub account wants to process an order.
    3. When the sales order is entered for the sub account, the usual warning message requiring a password is displayed.
    4. Password is entered and the sales order is accepted despite the HO account being on hold.
    5. Hence, the account balance fro the HO account is increased, despite either being over the credit limit or out of payment terms.

Clearly, we could stop the sales order from being entered if the password is not entered. However, this is allowing discretion for my staff to enter an order that I would not normally have allowed staff to have discretion over.

How can we prevent the sales order for the sub account from being entered just like in normal circumstances that when an account is on hold, the sales order cannot be entered?

Thanks
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:39 am

This or similar scenario's have been a common request for some time. In 8.6 the system will offer to put all sub accounts on hold or take them off hold, when a head office account's hold status is changed. If you're running an earlier version, you have to remember to manually place sub accounts on hold as well.
  • JeffGrant

Has this feature been introduced in V8.6 or later?

by JeffGrant » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Please advise if this feature has been introduce in V8.6 or later. Thanks