Sending to Excel
  • Shannon
    Sending to Excel

by Shannon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 am

I have a customer list that has about 200,000 contacts in it but when I send this list to Excel I only get 65,536 rows. Any idea on how I can create a spreadsheet with the full list?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 am

When you go to export your spreadsheet save it as an xlsx file, as it defaults to xls. Xls files only support 65536 rows.

E.g., when the software prompts you for a file name add a '.xlsx' to the end of the file name.

This will causes the software to create the spreadsheet in Office 2010 format (and later) which can handle spreadsheets bigger than 65536 rows. If you have an earlier version of Excel you can't create spreadsheets larger than 64K in size.
  • JeffG

by JeffG » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Have you considered exporting to a DBF file and using Access? Excel is not really built to handle records of that volume. Access will do it with ease.

Or better still, from within Access, create a dynamic external link to the capital customer table. In doing so, every time you open the access database, all of your records in Capital will always be current.