Transfer Stock to Multi Locations
  • JeffG
    Transfer Stock to Multi Locations

by JeffG » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm

I have Capital Version 8 Professional.
    I have activated Multi Locations.
    I have set up locations/departments and moved stock out to these locations using the procedure outlined in the help files. No Problem.
    The help files with this version use the invoicing system with internal accounts to move stock out. No Problem.
    However, when I need to bring stock back into my main location, there aren't any internal accounts to use.
    Using the invoicing system does decrease the stock qty from the department, but it does not increase the qty in my main stock location.
    I have used direct stock adjustment to do this, but I am not sure that this is the best way to bring inventory back in.

Your thoughts please.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm guessing you started off as single location and then switched to multi-location at some point, and as a consequence your main location is still a 'blank' location. If I'm on the right track then you need to read this bulletin:

http://www.capitaloffice.com.au/forum/v ... .php?t=547
  • JeffG

by JeffG » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks - two things went wrong here.

1. The system was originally set up as MultiLocation, but in the early day I think Customer HO was deleted, because Supplier HO was still there. Once I set up customer HO as an internal account again, we were right as rein.

2. And yes, the system has been set up a default location of HO, but there are many inventory entries that don't actually have HO as a department field entry. Again, once I fix these, as I go along, I can move stock around without any problems.

Thanks again