Stock Recalculations
  • Same
    Stock Recalculations

by Same » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 am

re: Stock Recalculations… What does it exactly do? I read the help file; but I wanted to understand the functionality of it. Is there any reading I can do? As which Databases it looks at and what records it recalculates etc?
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:20 pm

A stock recalculation unlinks the transactions linked to a stock item. Then it re-links them.

For example if you've got a purchase order with 5 units on order, the "On Order" field for that stock item will be increased by 5 units when you look at the item in stock control. So the recalc sets that to zero, then adds the 5 back as it steps through each purchase order that is still open in the system.

There are all sorts of tables affected, relating to the linked transactions, because besides PO's, back orders, transfers, lay-bys, job cards, assemblies, quotes, and all sorts of other transactions may want to update the status of the record.

The unlink, relink, is sometimes useful because data might be altered external system, or something got interrupted on the network preventing an update to fully complete, or users may have directly altered information and so on.