Create invoice from service Job not doing anything
  • Peter
    Create invoice from service Job not doing anything

by Peter » Tue May 14, 2013 12:56 pm

I have a recent issue when trying to invoice service jobs. When selecting the option to invoice (where ever the link is or hot key) results in a message " Transactions Created :0, Billing process: No Action"

I have tried to create all kinds of test jobs to see if there is something I have in my stock causing this effect and so far - it just stopped creating invoices so I have to assume that there is a date issue- perhaps my version or set up conditions are the trigger for this behaviour.

What should I be looking for ?

Version: 8.1 (8.1.0000)

Build:10004-842f-SL0 (7.61j) 

Windows 7
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue May 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Check that you don't have any settings set incorrectly, i.e., bill only tagged/marked items. Also see if you can bill a single account only, in case the account you are trying to build is placed on hold.
  • Peter

by Peter » Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I have looked at every logical (to me) setting just in case I or the program changed any obvious settings and nothing seemed to be set incorrectly - but I have checked this specific tag again now - just to be sure - and the check box is empty for all jobs that would not create invoices.

As a matter of process I only ever invoice one job card as soon as I finish the job, and I have currently several jobs since the 3rd month that will not allow me to create invoices for them.

I also forgot to mention that I had done maintenance and repairs of the database several times with no effect.

Also something worth mentioning is that I just use the jobcard and invoicing and quite a while ago a message advising that "transaction is beyond end of year .... " or something similar - I have not worried about this as I do not use the general ledger or end of year routines - could this be the issue?
    Last edited by Peter on Tue May 14, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Peter

by Peter » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 pm

I may have found the issue.

on the global tab (I don't think I have been there before) of the invoice job card daughter screen an option to invoice up to (DATE) was set to an earlier date, so my suspicions go to a) I changed this for some reason (but don't remember why ) or b) this can be set by software.

I have changed the date here to be 2014 and I am now working through my way through all my un invoiced job cards. When I get to the end of this clean up process - can I put nothing in this box or a zero to not limit dates at all - as I am sure to forget to move it forward in 2014 (as I get Older!)