Service Manager - Travel Times Error - SMCAT error.
  • Balwag
    Service Manager - Travel Times Error - SMCAT error.

by Balwag » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I have been searching for some Accounting Software to meet my needs for quite some time, and Capital (so far) seems to be the closest.

When I enter the Service Manager Area, and click on Tables, Travel Times, I get the error.
    Child Windows does not exist. Id: 999. Windows error return code, 1421.
    I have tried it on XP SP2 and Win2000 SP4 with the same result. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Just a side note: On a new company, the SMCAT card file throws up an error when you add date and click list view. Copying the SMCAT files from the sample company and deleting the data fixes the problem.

Regards

Ian
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Yes that is an issue we have confirmed. This is due to the fact that the demonstrator version activates all licenses and it appears in this case it is activating a license for a component that is not included in the evaluation version. This would not a problem in a paid for version, as that menu option would not be available in a licensed copy. (We will correct this the next time we upload a new evaluator to the website.)

We were also able to replicate the problem with SMCAT. (Thanks for letting us know.) It appears to be a bad file and your suggested solution didn't work for us, so we quickly recreated the file using the Screen Builder utility included with the software.