Importing External File (Stock Items)
  • Denlyn
    Importing External File (Stock Items)

by Denlyn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 pm

I am sorry if this is the incorrect forum but I have searched everywhere for the answer.

I am trying to import stock items from several suppliers of mine and even though I can import the decriptions, it is the fields I am having trouble with. I am use to several other accounting programs but this has me puzzled. As I have not asked for help since downloading the program and registering it over four weeks ago, I hope someone can help me. (With a walk through if possible.

My CSV file, once opened into the Transfer|Import External file|Stock Items, I open the file and at the next screen, it is asking me to assign fields. It is here where I get lost.

E.G

Field01 = (Code)145061 = Into (???Field Code???)
    Field02 = (Description)TOWER BLACK PLAIN 500W PSU = Into (???Field Code???)
    Field03 = (Cost Price)32.58 = Into (???Field Code???)
    Field04 = (Sell Price)76.87 = Into (???Field Code???)

What field codes would I use so they will implement themselves in the correct areas?

This is the best I can explain it so I hope someone can help me out here.

I have appx 5000 lines to insert and this would take forever and a day.

Cheers.

Dennis
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 am

The field code for the product code is NAME

The field code for the product description is TITLE.

Cost and sell price fields are variable depending on how you've setup the software. These have the letters between A and Z. For example:

A = Last Cost
    B = Average Cost
    C = Wholesale Price
    D = Trade Price
    E = List Price

However the meaning of each letter/field is subject to how you've set the software up.

The Data Dictionary document should give you all field names and their meanings which should be downloadable from the resources area.
  • Denlyn

by Denlyn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Just goes to show how easy it is. To be honest, I knew about the pricing codes but I thought the letters were just headers for each section. Taking a closer look, it doesn't follow the same pattern all the way to the bottom of the list.

Thank you very much for explaining that to me.

Cheers.

Dennis.