Just a reminder - unanswered forum questions
  • coldrick
    Just a reminder - unanswered forum questions

by coldrick » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:20 pm

Hey guys,

I know you are busy at the moment, but this is just a reminder that I have paid you for 52 weeks support and we have unanswered questions on the forum dating back 2 weeks now.
    Barry Coldrick
    ----------------------------------------------
    [Never say "never"!]
    [I can't do "can't do"]
  • rancomp

Re: Just a reminder - unanswered forum questions

by rancomp » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:18 pm

coldrick wrote:Hey guys,

I know you are busy at the moment, but this is just a reminder that I have paid you for 52 weeks support and we have unanswered questions on the forum dating back 2 weeks now.

THis is a Forum not the Help Desk. Support is with the Hep Desk.
  • coldrick

by coldrick » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok, then where is the "help desk" and why is this called a "support forum" with category headers "General Support" and "Developer & Power User Support"?

If there is a help desk, it is well hidden. No links on any pages that I can see, and nothing in the members area.

Before we paid for this package our queries were answred very promptly, but now that they have our money, the support seems to have dried up over the past 3 weeks.

Additionally, half of the "support" use we have had has been advising of bugs in the software. At the moment, I think we have helped Capital improve their software as many times as they have helped us with a problem - and yet we are the ones who paid them for the "support".

Not real happy with Capital at the moment. Maybe there should be a rebate on support when a user identifies a legitimate bug in the software.

Where is this "help desk" you mention?
    Barry Coldrick
    [Never say "never"!]
    [I can't do "can't do"]
  • rancomp

by rancomp » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:05 am

If you have paid for Capital support you would have been given an Email address and a telephone support number. Check uner the menu item Help in Capital
  • coldrick

by coldrick » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 pm

I do have a direct e-mail address for support, but the main reasons I was using the "Support Forum" instead of e-mailing directly were...

1. In the past Capital were replying to questions in the support forum within a few days, and most of our queries were not urgent enough to e-mail directly (but still more urgent than having to wait 3 weeks for an answer).

2. Questions answered in the support forum rather than directly provide and extra means for other users to search for solutions before contacting Capital with a question. It would seem logical to me that Capital would want solutions to problems shared with all users as this could potentially cut down on the number of support requests.

3. It is a "Support Forum".

I'll e-mail all my requests to them directly and see if that makes a difference. Thank you.
    Barry Coldrick
    [Never say "never"!]
    [I can't do "can't do"]
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 am

Your patience is appreciated. Around June/July/Aug (end of financial year) we are typically fielding 10 times the normal number of support questions, so this results in an inevitable backlog. During this time direct email from registered users receive priority responses, but we do prefer general questions to be posted here and appreciate that you have been doing this.
  • coldrick

by coldrick » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Just a note for anyone wondering about the support. Capital have indeed been replying to most of our direct e-mails, and I believe they are working towards solutions on the ones that haven't received a reply yet.

Direct e-mails are definitely the way to go.
    Barry Coldrick
    [Never say "never"!]
    [I can't do "can't do"]