Lost data
  • Mardi G
    Lost data

by Mardi G » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:09 am

I would like to report some lost data within capital.

I enter alot of notes onto job cards as jobs require and when I went to retrieve some of these notes this morning I noticed that they were missing. For example, we have a job open that runs for 12 months and I enter the tech times and details of what they are doing during these times in the note pad section (located in the bottom left corner of a job card).

The job was opened at the beginning of the financial year so I have times from July 06 and details for all our techs - which turns out to be alot of information that is near impossible to relocate. I went in this morning to add more notes to this pad only to find that there were only the notes from July 06 in there and all the others have somehow disappeared. We do regular (as in daily) backups of Capital so I was wondering (and hoping) there maybe a particular file we could perhaps collect from our backups - instead of the whole of capital because if we do this then we will loose all that was done yesterday.

Please advise if this is possible as I this lost data is very important to us.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:09 am

First run an "automatic repair" (check your help documentation on how to do this) to see if the information comes back that way.

If your information has been destroyed due to a computer hardware/network malfunction of some type, then this information can be retrieved by obtaining the files NOTEPAD.DBF and NOTEPAD.CDX from your backup. If you restore these files from your backup your note information should return. You will however loose any information entered after the backup was made from your note pads.