Can't change cost prices on stock screen
  • Rakesh
    Can't change cost prices on stock screen

by Rakesh » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:17 pm

I have a situation where some of my users can change their cost prices but on some stock records the cost price is grayed out and they cannot change it.

I now want to give some of my users the ability to change their cost prices in stock control. What might be stopping them from being able to do this?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:25 pm

There are two areas you need to check:

1. Check to see if the user's security profile has the 'Edit' property ticked under Stock (quantity adjust). This is the 3rd row of the user's security profile grid.

To access the user's security profile, log in with an administrator level password, then select File|Passwords from the main menu. Then move to the user's record you want to change.

2. The field might also be locked inside the stock screen. To check for this:

(a) Select Special|Screen Builder from the main menu.
    (b) When the 'Open Screen' window appears, ensure that 'Stock Control' is selected and press the Open button.
    (c) Now double-click on the cost price field.
    (d) Ensure that 'Always Lock' is not selected. If it is, change the setting to 'Lock'
    (e) Make sure that the 'Access Level' of the field is not higher than the access level of the user group that will want to change this field's contents.
    (f) Press OK.
    (g) Select File|Exit from the menu to save your changes.