Automating quantity breaks
  • BobG
    Automating quantity breaks

by BobG » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:15 am

I'm trying to automate quantity breaks. I have added two additional fields to screen builder namely, bulk price and a second quantity. I have used customer special pricing to define the quantity break number, and linked back to the prices page to pick up the quantity price. I have approx 500 parts that need quantity pricing. Although I can create 500 rules (which define part no to quantity break) there must be an easier way. Can some background script look at the qty being sold. If less that the qty number in the parts page, then normal price, however if qty break number in qty page is satisfied, then bulk price is used? Sorry about length of question!
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:35 pm

Yes please consult the reply to the topic "Linking of User fields in stock page to Qty field".

Your approach has some limitations. You will limit your pricing to one quantity break for all customers, and one bulk and quantity break price for all customers also. Yes it can be done simply via script, but defining this in price rules gives you a high level of fine control. Of course, if you do not need a high level of fine control, then the simple script quoted, or something similar, should do the job for you.