consolidated multi product pick list
  • anon
    consolidated multi product pick list

by anon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Just curious if it was possible to generate a pick list for all products on a job card consolidated as one large pick

Secondly is there a way of having capital export say ten different products to an excel spreadsheet listing all components and stock on hand, stock on order stock rewuired Or a anything remotely like this.

I have several large jobs and would like to export all the stock/component requirements for all these jobs into one excel file so I can see all required usage against soh to simplify ordering for these jobs alone.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 am

Pick list information is stored in its own table so you can generate a pick list using any criteria you wish (all picks for the day, all picks for a group of customers, all picks with destination zone 5, etc.)

However, you would have to alter the pick list form parameters to match your requirements.

With regard to 'jobs' do you mean job cards from Service Manager or something else? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. What would be the point of sending the data to an external application such as Excel when the software already has an automated capability to calculate your reorder requirements and create the necessary purchase orders for you?
    Last edited by COBS Tech Support on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • anon

by anon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:03 am

Its more so that I can create a spreadsheet outlining stock available v stock required and what is currently on order. So yes I have for arguments sake 3 job cards in manager with 5 products on each job. Some of these products may be on all 3 jobs so rather than viewing the required stock for each job a consolidated on would be good.

I understand capital could do this as you mentioned however I need to export it to a more editable table as our current stock levels/allocations are incorrect in many cases and are going through a period of stock take ect so that the information is more reliable.

The day can't come fast enough when reorder reports ect are viable for us but with several years of sloppy inventory control I just can't use than information until my storemen have finished adjusting stock levels.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

The most straightforward solution here would be to use Visual Builder to create a report based around SMSTOCK (Service Manager Stock/Materials). When the report is generated also have it create a CSV file which you could then easily load into Excel.

It really comes down to your level of knowledge working with these tools or if you'd be prepared to have a professional consultant set this up for you.

The easiest solution is to create a very basic report and then use Excel to sort and consolidate the data (i.e., so those 5 products appear grouped together). Not hard to do in Excel. You could invest in doing something more sophisticated inside the form/report design tool, but the effort involved would need to be weighed against the cost and time in setting it up.

A further complication is whether you would be working with kits inside Service Manager. It would be more challenging to 'unpack' the kit and report on the components. It's all doable but would require a high level of knowledge of the reporting tools to deal with those sorts of complicating factors.