Version Upgrade 8
  • Jeff
    Version Upgrade 8

by Jeff » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:20 am

Is the user charge for concurrent users or is it for named users.

So for example I would rarely go into that module.
    Would I still need a license or could I kick someone out for the 10 minutes I need to be in this module.

Also if I wanted to view some Sales Force Data from My Desk or Dashboard would I need to have a Sales Force license.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 am

For our premium systems such as Corporate Edition, all licensing is based on concurrent usage. For example, if you buy access for 10 staff, then you'll be able to get any 10 staff running the software simultaneously. That could be from a potential pool of, say, 20 staff who are logging in and out of the software as needed.

Or in other words, let's say you had 7 staff who were likely to be in the software all day and a half dozen users who might need to get in there occasionally. You'd probably be safe, then, with a 10 user licence.

For other editions such as Professional or Enterprise, licencing is per PC. However, the software allows you to change the mix of PC's that are licensed on your network once a session ends. The end of a session is defined as when all users log out of your database.