Strange email issue Outlook
  • Dan
    Strange email issue Outlook

by Dan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Good afternoon,
    I'm having a technical issue that I believe stems from a problem in Capital V8, but I am unsure of the solution.
    The situation is this:
    When one specific user (Paul) generates an email in Capital, the email that comes up in Outlook is from a couple of days ago, it's for a different customer, and it is not the PDF attachment that he was generating in Capital. No matter what customer he is attempting to email a document to, and no matter what document type he is emailing, he still gets the same PDF attachment for a completely different customer.
    It almost seems like something is being caught in a queue somewhere on his profile that is generating the same email every time, regardless of what he is attempting to print. It's only happening to Paul-- everyone else emails fine.
    Is this a known issue, and is there a solution for it?
    I realize this is a bit of a dodgy explanation but anything you can offer based on the information so far?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:52 pm

It sounds like the print queues are not set uniquely for each user.

Since distributed printing is rarely required, it's easiest to turn off the print queue system for that user.

Instruct the user -

1. Open Business Manager
    2. From the menu select Company|Preferences|Form Settings
    3. Untick Enable Distributed Printing
    4. Press Save

See if that resolves the issue. Note, the above steps only affect the PC or session where the settings are changed.

Next, make sure whatever is already in the queue is cleared -

1. Open Business Manager
    2. From the menu select Toolbox|Email Status

If any emails are displayed on the grid press 'Empty' or if that is not permitted, press Delete until the grid is empty.