Fax Software
  • Graham
    Fax Software

by Graham » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:18 pm

I am considering purchasing the Electronic Document Exchange component of Capital. I understand that if I wish to fax as well as email I will need to purchase fax server software. In Capital's help section you recomend Fax Maker, have you had any experience with other programs such as Zeta Fax?
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:23 pm

You don't specifically need to purchase fax server software anymore. There are now web services available that let you "email" your faxes.

Such as:

http://www.utbox.net/

You send an email, the service converts the email to a fax and then faxes your customers or suppliers.

If you set-up an account with them (the trial is free) you're paying 15c per page for faxing and a relatively low 3, 6 or 12 month fee. i.e., $19.95 for 3 months "line rental".

As far as CAPITAL is concerned, you still either click on "Fax" or "Email" and get different pop-up boxes. One emails directly to the customer, the other sends the email to the web service which converts your email to a fax and faxes it onto your target. You need to do a little set-up on the CAPITAL side to make this work, but the set-up is very simple. Refer to our technical bulletins section for more details.