Read Textbox Value in Quotations
  • Vince
    Read Textbox Value in Quotations

by Vince » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi, I'm trying to check that a field has been filled in [Quotations] so that appropriate action can be taken when/if required.

ScrRead() doesn't work here, [Quotations], apparently.
    ReadTranValue() doesn't either, apparently.
    I've tried others but I'll retain some dignity by not mentioning them. :oops:

Is it possible to read the textbox values in [Quotations] prior to saving, as you would with SrcRead() in a cardfile?

TIA
    Vince
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:18 pm

ReadTranValue() and ReadItemValue() should do what you want. What field from the quotation transaction are you trying to read?
  • Vince

by Vince » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:35 pm

COBS Tech Support wrote:ReadTranValue() and ReadItemValue() should do what you want. What field from the quotation transaction are you trying to read?

Thank you for the prompt responce.

The fields are as follows:
    Expiry date [Expiry];
    Follow up date [Followup];
    Ref No [Qreference];
    Title [Qref2].

Regards,
    Vince
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:02 pm

The ReadTranValue() function does not support the extra fields found in Quotations. These fields are not mentioned in the product documentation.

However, after consultation with the development team it has been decided there is no reason why they should be excluded from scripting access and will be added to the CAPITAL 7.50 "d" maintenance release and versions above this.

They will be called:

EMAIL
    EXPIRY
    FOLLOWUP
    OUTCOME

They will not be mentioned in the 7.5 documentation but they will be included in the 7.51 documentation.