Running Scripts on Capital Startup
  • codemonkey76
    Running Scripts on Capital Startup

by codemonkey76 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:23 pm

I have a number of reports I would like to run on a periodic basis, is there a way to have capital office run a script on start-up to do this?

Or is there a better way to go about this, I could recreate the report functions by accessing the DBF files externally but it seems like a lot of work to replace some of the built-in reports.

Basically at present i have to run the reports manually saving to files and then progamatically parse the files to manipulate further.
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:48 am

You can use the /RUN switch, like so:

CAPWIN /RUN=SETCLOCK.MAC

or in V8:

BMS /RUN=SETCLOCK.MAC
    Last edited by COBS Tech Support on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • codemonkey76

Running a report on startup

by codemonkey76 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:07 pm

How would i create a script that runs the built-in supplier expense report for the previous month, outputing to a particular filename (i have a PDF print driver installed)
  • COBS Tech Support

by COBS Tech Support » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 pm

You can't presently access the standard internal reports using an external command. You would therefore need to replicate the report using Visual Builder. You could then launch the report using the /RUN switch. We are planning to add standard internal reports to our Server Agent application as tasks that can be scheduled, but that feature is not yet available.