Format Assignment Hook (R-SIPFRM.MAC)
  • John Brock
    Format Assignment Hook (R-SIPFRM.MAC)

by John Brock » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:29 am

The client wants to have tracing information show on all documents except Invoices. The format assignment hook should allow me to script this ability. How ever when I create the R-SIPFMT.MAC and put a simple line like echo(“R-SIPFMT.MAC”) I get no result at all. I was expecting the script to fire when you exit adding items/details of the tracing elements to add/allocate to the sales order, purchase order or invoice.

Am I misunderstanding the help file on this function or is the version installed not supporting or executing the function?

Is this function going to give me the result I expect. I was expecting to be able to allow capital to add the tracing information to all documents except invoicing and then pass a blank array when in invoicing mode.
  • admin

by admin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:30 am

Sorry there is actually a typo in the help file. The correct name of the hook is R-SIPFRM.MAC not R-SIPFMT.MAC

Another and probably much simpler way to do this would be to add this rule to the body section of your invoice forms:

.Not. Contents->Linegrp = "E"

which would filter out any unique stock tracing lines from printing on invoices. However, this information will still appear on the invoice when displayed on the user's computer.